June 23, 2013

Midsummer Cupcakes

image

This year I’m not celebrating the arrival of midsummer, not drinking, not partying. I guess I just don’t feel the need to. Finally I have a post where all of the clothes are made by myself. I found this lovely cupcake print fabric (which is not something I would usually like) a while ago & made this super cute sweater for Laura. She loves it and so do I. I know it’s not something I would typically make, but I think it’s great stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new.




image

I paired this sweater with basic skinny black leggings which may look simple and easy to make. But, taking into consideration that these are the second pants I’ve made in my life, I think I did a pretty good job.
image

image

image

image

At the moment I’m trying to push myself a lot further and make something I’ve never done before. But with every garment I can see my construction skills getting better.
Hope you’re all having wonderful holidays, keep up that midsummer spirit!



No comments

Post a Comment

© BALT
Maira Gall