December 26, 2014

I'm only happy when it rains



I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn’t accidentally tell you that
I’m only happy when it rains


These lyrics by Garbage’s iconic song have been on my top playlist for years and will be for years to come. And it seems kind of fitting since Christmas have been quite rainy this year. I bet everyone’s writing their fake new year resolutions by now. This time I have no resolutions - I have plans and I have ambitions. And no, I don’t want to hear about that ‘new year, new me’ type of bullshit. Just get your shit together and face the fact that you probably did not accomplish everything that you thought you would in 2014, like I have. Just be honest with yourself, keep your focus and look ahead.

I get to see so many ripped jeans on my instagram feed and I really love the look so I decided to make one of my own. I took these basic slim jeans by H&M and shredded them at the knee with a cheese grater which is pretty easy and gives a much better look than doing it with a regular razor blade. It gives a good effect if you shred at some other places as well - around the pockets, on the other knee and some other random places so it would look more natural. Hope you like the look & enjoy the holidays!












DIY disstressed denim by H&M

Colorblocked sweater by Sinsay

Boots by H&M

Cap by Sinsay




No comments

Post a Comment

© BALT
Maira Gall