October 12, 2015

URBAN LEGENDS



I was a blogger
Not a very popular one
I once had dreams of becoming a style icon
But upon an unfortunate series of events saw those dreams dashed and divided like a million stars in the night sky
That I wished on over and over again, sparkling and broken
But I really didn’t mind because I knew that it takes getting everything you ever wanted and then losing it to know what true freedom is



balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_2

Yes, I know the monologue of "Ride" by heart and while I can't really relate to the original lyrics, I can relate to the way I transformed it. And sometimes I truly feel like I've given up on my dreams, so I just need to remind myself to keep pushing and keeping my mind on the goal. I guess I just get easily distracted by my addiction to tv shows, I start to care about the characters and for a moment I forget about my own issues. At times it can be a blessing, but not always. It's funny how easily it is  to get lost in a world that's not really there. I wonder how many of us live in a world that we've made up in our heads. It could be just me or it could be all of us. And who's to say what's real and what's not? What I'm saying may make no sense to you, but to me it makes perfect sense.

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_4

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_7

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_9

You know when you cross a bridge or go around the corner and suddenly it's like you're in a completely different city? Like there's this invisible border that seperates two completely different worlds? Well that's exactly what happened when we shot these pictures. And just like that we were in the 'bad part' of town which happened to be a neighbourhood I used to live in. Let me say that I'm used to getting weird looks while shooting outfit pictures, but this time I was scared of getting mobbed or something. But the pictures turned out great.

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_1

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_3

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_6

Even though the days are getting shorter and the clouds are getting darker, I don't let my shades come off. For this outfit I chose these Black & Gold sunglasses from Giant Vintage. I absolutely love their store and the vareiety of glasses they offer, you should for sure check them out. As I've mentioned before, my personal style is becoming more and more simplistic, so these days I mostly wear Long Fit Tshirts, like this one from Piazza Italia, I absolutely love the print. And as you know, boots are a must for me. I bought these a while ago, but have worn them jut a few times. They kida look a little cyber and at times I'm not sure if it's a good thing, but I love them with this outfit. What are your thoughts?

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_5

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_12

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_8

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_16

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_11

balt_urban_legends_menswear_style_fashion_blogger_outfit_post_13

Giant Vintage Sunglasses
Piazza Italia Long Tee
H&M Ripped Denim
Centro Boots



Pictures by @blondiexcx

No comments

Post a Comment

© BALT
Maira Gall