August 15, 2015

INTO THE WILD



It's important to stay in touch with your true self. To feel the connection with the things that matter most to you. It's important not to forget who you are and who you want to become. And when life gets difficult, you need to do just that - reconnect with yourself. And often the best medicine is found in nature.







For a while now I've been feeling like this city's suffocting me and it was a must to go somewhere new, even if just for the day. So we just picked a location from the map and took the train to a place called Lilaste. It's just an hour away and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. We wandered through the forest, taking in the amazing sights, took these beautiful pictures and actually got lost (which was kind of predictable). But when we found our way to the beach, it was all worth it. We just sat there on the sand dunes and talked, laughed and had a great time. And sometimes it's all you need. Not all the superficial stuff we face every day, but basic human interaction. It's the simple things that matter most.

DSCN3387

DSCN3393

I tend to think that I'm more outdoorsy than I actually am. But until I get to go on a ten day long hike, I guess we'll never know. I love the outdoors, even spending a couple of minutes in a forest or by the beach can restore your mental health better than any medicine. I promise myself to get out of the city more often.

DSCN3394

DSCN3400

Lately my style has gone into a more minimalistic direction. I go easy on the accesories and some days all you really need is a great pair of glasses. And let me tell you that these shades from Giant Vintage are truly amazing. I really feel like they tie this whole outfit together. Go and check out their site, they have loads of amazing vintage shades to choose from.

DSCN3408

DSCN3418

DSCN3420

DSCN3421
Sunglasses from Giant Vintage, find them here
Top from New Yorker
Jeans from Tally Weijl
Boots from H&M

Pictures by Naomi Black @blondiexcx

No comments

Post a Comment

© BALT
Maira Gall