February 26, 2016

There's more



For a long time I have felt like I have to justify a blog post by posting an outfit or some fashion related something that I don't even care about that much. I've felt like I have to fit a certain category. Like I have to be a certain type of blogger. I have tried to put myself inside a certain frame and it doesn't seem to fit. For so many times I've felt like I have to say goodbye to blogging. And then I've picked myself up and tried again, but it always seems to go back to old patterns. I've been so inconsistent. And it's all just because I feel like I have to post certain posts and talk about certain things. I used to love blogging, it used to be my whole life, I spent hours and hours doing it and I loved every second. Now it feels like a chore. The truth is, my interests don't just stop at what I wear or the things I make. My interests are much more diverse than that. Yes, I love writing about personal style, but there is only so much that you can write on the same topic.



Sometimes I read other people's blogs or go through other blogger's instagrams and they all seem to be living this perfect life filled with amazing travel adventures and fashion events and whatnot. And truth be told, my life is kind of boring at the moment, I am a very private person and there are a lot of things that I don't share online, hell I don't even use my real name! For the past year or so, I have been concentrating on certain goals and it's been a lot of work and a lot of mental breakdowns getting there and right now I'm really close to basically starting a new life which I've wanted to do for so long! In all honesty, I haven't been a very happy person lately, but I choose to keep things to myself. And sometimes it's hard to keep myself together, let alone think about blogging. And if I'm gonna continue to blog, I need to make a change. I don't want to fit a certain category, to be a certain type of blogger. I'm gonna do something that I should have done for a long time! I'm gonna use my blog as my creative outlet and style is just a small fraction of my interests. I'm gonna write about the things I'm passionate about and I'll do it on my own terms. There's so much more to life than fashion.

No comments

Post a Comment

© BALT
Maira Gall