August 7, 2016

WARSAW: A VISUAL DIARY



I don't really talk about it a lot, but I have no idea how it's like to live in a city you love. I often feel like I was born in the wrong part of the world or at least the wrong country. I don't identify with my nationality, I don't care about local news and I don't feel like a partiot. I have no idea of what it's like to feel a sense of belonging.



I do identify as European and feel as though I share a common European identity, so I love travelling through Europe and getting to know all of the different aspects of the EU. I know the simple solution would just be to move away, but it's not as easy as it sounds and I've done that multiple times only to find myself back where I began.

I've been to Poland several times before, but never to Warsaw and once I got there, I never wanted to leave. Not just that it's insanely beautiful, the city made me feel alive. It may sound weird, but when I'm in my hometown, I feel dead inside. I've never done travel posts, but I just had to share the beauty of Warsaw, I just hope that I managed to capture the essence of the city. I want to thank the lovely Naomi for organizing it all behind my back for my name day which I usually never celebrate. It showed me that I should celebrate it more often.























































Photos by me & Naomi

No comments

Post a Comment

© BALT
Maira Gall