November 4, 2013

RFW: Janis Sne SS14

image

I was very excited to find out that one of the most innovative and fashion forward local designers Jānis Šnē was gonna do a show for Riga Fashion Week this fall. And I was even more excited when I found out that I’m gonna have a chance to see the show in person. Every fashion conscious Latvian has heard at least something about this designer & in the last few years I remember reading numerous interviews and articles about him. Jānis Šnē is known for very sculptural, architectural and almost out of this world pieces. And his new collection DOFA was no exception.



From the opening look, the designer managed to catch my full attention and took me to this alienesque state of mind. Everything about this collection felt so right - the killer glitter heels, the monochromatic palette, the amazing LED eye-wear & accessories. There was nothing that I didn’t like & the music wrapped it all together and gave the collection such an amazing alien-like feel to it.

I think people often forget that fashion is a form of art and should be looked up as something special and this collection really reminded me how related is fashion and art. It was exceptional and had a strong point of view. I’m gonna let the pictures do the talking.

image



image

image

image




image



I was very surprised by how wearable the outerwear pieces actually were. I hope seeing those jackets and coats on the streets this winter. Overall I’m very proud to see the local design evolve so much and take such huge risks. I hope you all had a great fashion week despite the rain and the cold.

Enjoy the November.

No comments

Post a Comment

© BALT
Maira Gall